Competitive bruto base plus excellent secondary benefits, projects and environment
about 1 month ago
Job title: Embedded Hardware Developer
Salary: Competitive bruto base plus excellent secondary benefits, projects and environment
Are you passionate about making the world a better place using sustainable IoT and reducing the need for power? Do you want to work with like-minded people as an embedded hardware developer with experience, for example in designing low-power circuits as well as building and testing prototypes? How about learning from your CEO?
You’ll design embedded systems by yourself and also within a team of other embedded hardware, software and mechanical engineers in a small yet growing inspiring IoT company. You’ll be flexible in switching between projects.
Your tasks will range from testing small and simple circuits/boards to designing complex innovative products for clients or for internal use (webshop, etc). This also includes creating schematics, PCB layout, developing test plans, testing and troubleshooting prototypes and producing manufacturing documentation.
You will need to have a good understanding and have experience with microcontrollers, analogue and digital circuits and using these in a low-power setup.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (embedded systems)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in embedded system engineering (or similar)
- Experience with using Arduino (hardware & software)
- Proficient in designing PCBs and schematic layouts
- Is able to build and test electronic prototypes
- Experience soldering SMT components (e.g. 0402, QFN, LGA)
- Experience with RF and antenna design is a bonus
- Experience with LoRa, NB-IoT, LTE-M, 2G, WiFi and Bluetooth is a bonus
- Is flexible in switching between projects and is able to handle multiple project simultaneously
- Experience with selecting components with the right specifications and availability
- Experience with designing low-power circuits
- Experience with using lab equipment (oscilloscope, bench multimeter, etc)
- Can prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Create and perform test plans, document, and analyze results
- At least 3 years of experience with using ECAD tools for designing PCBs (board & schematic). Experience with Altium Designer is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with programming in C/C++
- Knowledge of and experience with RTOS is a bonus
- Is able to write simple software (e.g. sketches for Arduino) for testing the hardware and assisting the software engineer with small tasks.
- Some experience with creating files for Electronic Manufacturing Services (generating Bill of Materials, gerbers, etc)
- Some experience with EMC and LVD standards (design for and testing them)
- Professional proficiency in English (speaking & writing), Dutch is a bonus
- Is able to work within a team and provide/receive constructive feedback during design reviews
- Is flexible in switching between projects and is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Open to learning new skills, using new tools and technologies
What’s on offer:
- An inspiring, informal working environment where pushing your boundaries is encouraged
- Short reporting lines where you are encouraged to make continuous improvements to the company
- A ground-breaking working environment where new developments are made regularly that are changing the way of the world using IoT
- Work on inspiring, breath-taking IoT projects
- Lots of great developers and level-headed managers to learn from
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bi-monthly meetups
- Really strong family culture / team spirit which is warm and encouraging